Anniversary night deserves a special, 'I slaved over dinner for you type of meal'. Cooking for me is one way I show my man and my daughter how much they mean to me. This meal screams special occasion. Even though there's not a ton of prep, it takes about 4 full hours to cook the meat until tender!!!
Here's what you'll need
- 1- 2 lb. Top blade roast
- 6 pieces of thick cut or center cut bacon, chopped into bits
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 fresh sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups of organic beef stock
- 12 ounces of Prosecco
- 1 teaspoon of salt (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1. Add bacon bits to large Dutch oven or shallow pot, heat for 4 minutes stir often. Add onion and garlic, cook for 8 minutes and then, set it aside in large bowl.
2. Crank up the heat until medium-high, add 1 1/2 tablespoon of oil and swirl the pan around to coat it. Prep the meat. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour all over the beef, use 1/2 teaspoon of salt to season the beef and the 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
3. Add beef to pan and cook for 10 minutes. Make sure to brown all the sides including the edges. Add Prosecco, turn the burner to simmer. Scrape the pan to get all the brown pieces integrated with the sauce.
4. Add the onion mix back to the pot, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 2 sprigs of rosemary, continue to simmer and cover the top with a fitted lid. Simmer for 2 hours.
5. Turn beef over, cover and continue to cook for 2 hours. Take the beef out to slice it.
6. Take rosemary out of the pan and toss it in the trash. Use the liquid as a sauce.
7. Cut beef across the grain into thin sliced and serve with sauce while HOT!
8. Andddd we get this!