#Diversebooks4diversekids Podcast 2
The audience for #Diversebooks4diversekids is growing ya'll! I am getting flooded with authors inquiring how to be a part of this movement. I absolutely love seeing authors writing stories about unique children with bold voices.
These stories are all about empowering those who are different whether that's based on skin tone, having large ears that had been inevitably passed down, big crazy hair, or someone who doesn't have somewhere to call home.
1. "I am Tan" by Michele Rose Finley. This is a book about a mixed boy who realizes that race and color is just a perception that people can interpret differently. At the end of the day no matter our color, we are all the same. To purchase "I Am Tan", shop here.
2. "The Magic Poof" by Stephen Hodges. This book is about a little girl with a lifelike and personified afro that likes to talk, dance, and make friends. The poof's got a mind of it's own! To purchase, "The Magic Poof", shop here.
3. "Clarence" by Stephanie Baruffi. This book is about an Italian boy who discovers he looks different than his family and feels sad about it until his Grandmother tells him he looks just like his late grandpa Clarence. To purchase, "Clarence", shop here.
4. "Jabulani" By Jonathan Stotler. This book is about a South African boy who starts doing acts of kindness for the people around him after being inspired by his pastor's message to help other. To purchase "Jabulani" shop here.
5. "My Forever Home" By Joanie Boney. This book is about a very sweet black cat who waits patiently until the right family see how wonderful he is and takes him home to give him a forever family. To purchase "My Forever Home", shop here.