My goal as an author and as a podcaster is raising awareness about the need for diverse children's picture books! I say "Diverse" to mean the star of the book and the characters represent minorities or the story has cultural significance that speaks to a marginalized or ethnic community.
I'm so excited to be delivering curated pieces of literature on a weekly basis to give authors like me a platform to share their books with other authors, parents, and listeners of all backgrounds. Check out my first podcast on soundcloud! This week I am sharing 5 stories:
1. "When I Grow Up, I Want To Be Myself" by A. Cole, visit the shop to purchase
2. 2 Halves Make Me Whole" by Tiffany D. Taylor, shop here
3. Mansa Musa: The Richest Man in History" by Mike McGraw, check him out on facebook
4. Hope For The Honeybees: Heal The Planet Book I" By Kesi Augustine, shop here
5. "The Diwali Gift" by Shweta Chopra and Shuchi Mehta, shop here